Saturday, August 2, 2008

first steps

The scariest place is the unknown,
And the first steps towards such void,
are cautionary. It is my first attempt,
how it will turn out, I have no idea.
But as in all fads, I hope this little act–
Gathers momentum as it rolls downhill.

I try to savour every moment;
Appreciating the little movements,
Of the leaves and calm of the night.
I have become a wonderer,
in the world of knowledge.
Knowledge have I gathered,
Sharing, I will gladly with all;
My thoughts and perceptions,
have been shaped by such knowledge.

Sometimes I fear I’m wrong,
Thus my first steps are usually small.
But I have learned that doubts,
makes me feel that way.
I will take giant strides,
when I get a feel of the terrain.
Because I will not be afraid,
to make mistakes.

I have lived my life trying to be me,
I have found meaning,
in odd places and events.
It has been difficult,
since everyone I meet,
Wants me to be a little like them-
Half-breeds and imperfect beings;
Funny isn’t it, because I intend to be me.

Everybody has been wrong before;
The most important thing,
is to learn to unlearn the wrong.
I am open to criticisms and new ideas,
but as I grope on this turf,
I need a helping hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He said:"you cannot want to be somebody else by emaining who you are"that is my answer.there is always a first step