Monday, September 29, 2008

my dearest woman

Fantasizes of you, have I, since childhood;
You, I see every time I close my eyes,
You found me and you chose me-
Thankful and beholden, I am.

Oh beautiful one, stunningly attractive;
You who educated intelligence and character,
Dignity and faithfulness are your playmates-
And children long for you to be their mum.

You love the smell of dew, it intrigues me;
You make laughter and conviviality beam,
From ear to ear; they stand in awe of you,
And royalty is a secret admirer.

Peace, your elder sibling taught you etiquette,
And your mum; Hope is so proud of you.
Your starry eyes, lights up the heart of nature-
And your words calm mother earth.

The first dance, the world jazzed our rhythm.
Your gracefulness, it still amazes me;
Your whispers and touch belittles sensuality,
And attention courts your presence.

You get to my heart through my mind;
And your handiwork surpasses diligence.
Your arbitration skill makes dexterity clumsy-
You are the envy of most women.

The winds strain to hear you whisper;
And the stars sing you a lullaby at bedtime-
Whiles the moon guards you in your sleep.
How can I not adore? I’m afraid I may worship.

You are a gift from Onyankopon;
I am eternal indebted to Him, and why not?
Every moment I thank Him for you-
I now understand “it is not good for man to be alone”.

No comments: